Film Archives UK (FAUK) brings together archives, archivists, associate organisations and individuals who are interested in and committed to the work and development of the UK’s public sector film archives.
FAUK plays an important role in making this happen through dialogue, exchange of knowledge, partnership and awareness-raising. FAUK therefore sits at the heart of a federation of interests that benefit through formal and informal collaboration.
FAUK is committed to promoting the professional interests of the film archive sector and developing and sharing an understanding of best practice in relation to:
- the preservation of all moving images (film, video and digital; amateur & professional; cinema & television)
- the transfer of film & video tape to digital files analogue and digital storage
- cataloguing and metadata
- resource development
- online delivery
- copyright & licensing
- public access & outreach
- programme production (such as compilations and Digital Cinema Packages)
- moving image archive standards
- archival ethics
- research, teaching & learning related to these practices and the wider public role of film archives
- film archive training & professional develo
Visit the FAUK site to find out more about the organisation and its members.